When life gets busy, it’s easy to forget the importance of maintaining your vehicle. We’ve got a few basic car maintenance tips you can use all year long.
The Subaru brand is built to last; however, not taking care of any vehicle can have costly consequences. Using a Subaru Certified Service Team, like Bachman Subaru, ensures your vehicle remains in tip-top shape.
Here are a few basic car maintenance tips to keep any vehicle running smoothly and safely.
Basic Car Maintenance Tips
1. Change your oil. Changing your oil when it is recommended will not only improve the lifespan of the engine but will also help it run better in the day to day, which will increase gas mileage and save money.
2. Rotate your tires every 5,000 miles. Not rotating tires properly can cause tires to deteriorate unevenly, which can decrease the life of the tire, cause road noise, and create a rough ride for passengers.
3. Check your tire pressure. Maintaining the correct tire pressure is important as it affects the life of the tire. Low tire pressure can decrease gas mileage and force the engine to work harder.
4. New wipers every six months. Replacing windshield wipers on a regular basis improves visibility. After the snow and ice of the winter season, wipers may appear “shredded” due to the coarseness of the ice; and in the event of rainy conditions, it’s important to keep your windshield clear by replacing wipers every six months.
5. Don’t drive on E. Running out of gas while driving can damage your vehicle and cost more than a tank of gas. Not letting your gas gauge drop below a quarter tank is a best practice for most drivers.
With proper maintenance and regular inspections, your vehicle will continue running smoothly.
To keep your Subaru running its best, schedule service with the Bachman Subaru team.
Other Related Posts: